Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I lost!

Just when I was getting frustrated to the point that I didn't think I could lose any more weight, and maybe I should stay where I'm at....I lost!! Not just what I gained last week, but I lost a whopping 3.1 pounds! I know Weight Watchers says that we should lose 1-2 pounds weekly to be losing "healthily" (if that's a word :) ) but I am so proud of myself. I stepped up my workout. I made sure to keep track of my points and be careful not to snack too much every day like I had been in the last month (at least.) I even mowed the lawn for the first time to find a new way to earn activity points. I really didn't mind mowing, it was nice to work out without staying on a treadmill or elliptical machine. To be honest, I really have been getting burnt out on working out on a machine. I'm ready to embrace the spring and run outside; I'm also afraid that I will not get a good enough workout by not running the whole time or not knowing how far I really did go.

I feel like I am the only thing holding me back from being successful. When I am determined to do something, however, I get it done. Like this week. Looking back over my weight loss journey these last 3-4 months, I have been working on the "last ten" for that long. I know I shouldn't eat something (chocolate covered peanuts) but in the end, even as I am thinking I shouldn't eat those, I am still putting them in my mouth, chewing and swallowing. "I shouldn't do this, I need to put them away..." just to come back 5 minutes later. "Just one more handful." I am making my own mistakes, and I cannot blame anyone but myself. When I walked into weigh in last week, I felt ashamed. I knew what the outcome was, and I didn't want to own up to it. But if I didn't, I don't think it would have pushed me to work so hard this week. Now that I have succeeded, I cannot let up, because if I do, I will fail. I am almost there, now down to eight and a half to go. I will not look back, I shall only look to the future, and I know I'm almost there.

I want to thank all of my friends on Twitter who keep me focused and give me support. I really don't know where I would be without you because I don't get the same support at home. My mom praises me when I do well, and gives me supporting words when I need them, but I don't share my feelings to my mom or even Luke when I am feeling down or frustrated. You are the ones who hear my words and you are the ones who carry me through the storm. Thank you all and I love you! @WannaBeSkinny, @bwJen, @dani29, @foodiemcbody, @gradangel18, @MizFitOnline, @ktjo_kk, and so many more. You are wonderful!

1 comment:

  1. You rock, girl!!!!!! I am very proud of you. This IS a long haul, it's a lifetime haul, and you have done so well. I am really happy for you. YAY!!!!

    ReplyDelete