Tuesday, April 7, 2009

This Week

This week has been a lot of things. It's been good, it's been busy. We have another body living in our house. Our newest edition to the family is Judge. Technically, he is part of the family. He is Coca and TeAmo's brother. They know that, and they have known him for years. They turned four on March 12th.

Every once in a while, Judge's owner needs to get himself caught up with life, and we take Judge for a while. I absolutely love this dog, and really do enjoy when he stays with us. Te has always had a bit of a complex, because he wants to be the Alpha. He is not the Alpha. Because of that complex, things are always a little restless while the transaction of a pair to a pack takes place. Besides that, the entire energy of this household is about to top the charts. Three big dogs running around is just crazy!!

When Judge is with us, he is antsy, he is always looking out for the neighbor dog to come out and play, and the everlasting glance for his daddy to show up and take him home. Te is always following him around and making sure that Judge is behaving. Coca just hangs out and watches the boys act weird. She's such a good dog. They all are.

The dogs are nearly adjusted to being together once again, and are starting to calm down. Another week and everything will be chill. We are expecting to have Judge for at least a few weeks. We haven't heard from his dad since he dropped him off last Monday. He hasn't even called.

Work has been okay; I have been in an adjusting period there too. At the end of February we traded teams, shifts, and supervisors. That means learning how the supervisors score calls and want business to be handled, as well as them adjusting to new personalities and getting to know all of us. There's 15 to a team, and two supervisors. I like the people I work with, and I like my new boss, but he does things totally different from my last boss. I have been contemplating working till midnight to work with him again. But I just can't do it. I have also adjusted to waking up before the crack of dawn. Now, that is hard. I have started making myself breakfast in the morning. It's usually scrambled eggs with salsa or waffles with preserve on them. Either way, yummy!! I love making myself breakfast in the morning. It's like my special time for me to help me get started with my day. I love how when I make scrambled eggs, Coca will wake up and beg for some eggs. My babies love eggs, just like me. :)

Luke is doing alright. Business has been a little slow the last couple months, and he has worked the last five working days, so I know we're headed into spring. That's when work picks up. I definitely admire that he is always finding something constructive to do with his time when he doesn't work, although I know he gets frustrated. I probably would too. He is always working in the yard, or in the garage. He takes care of the things around the house, and he doesn't complain about it. Too bad I can't get him to do the dishes lol. I really do love him, and I really hope that he knows. I probably tell him too much, and doesn't think I mean it. But everytime I say it, I truly mean it.

I have been trying to get Luke to join Weight Watchers for awhile with me, but he doesn't want to. I think he would feel embarrassed, although we are all there for the same reason. So this week I counted how many points he should have and have been tracking what he has been eating all week. I am trying to teach him as well, because I told him I didn't want to have to be doing all his work for him. I am giving it a few weeks and letting him take control. I am proud to say, he has been trying to make good choices, and has been cutting out the extra junk, but not all of it. He did have three cheeseburgers this week, but has been limiting his intake of french fries. I have been portioning his food for him as well. I have to say, I am a little jealous of his weekly points allowances. He gets 39 and I get 23. That's like a whole meal extra! Although I am happy that I don't need that many. It's bittersweet to lose a point. Overall, I know that Luke can make this happen and get healthy, he can always do anything he sets his mind to. Another reason I love him so much!

I feel like I have had a good week myself, when it comes to my weight loss journey. I am five to ten pounds away from my lifetime goal. I don't feel I will have a problem with maintaining it though, because I have been doing so well at maintaining over the last six months. I do have to say that I hadn't been working out these last few months. Excuse after excuse, and I like to work out. I really don't know why I lapsed. I have lost a total of .9 pounds in the last two weeks, and that was starting to work out twice a week after my hiatus. This week I worked out four times, twice on the elliptical at work, and twice on my treadmill at home. I also did some ab workouts. I have a small section around the middle that needs some serious toning. Who'd've thought someone who hasn't eaten muffins in nearly a year still has one hiding on her hips? I have been pondering that for months. I hope I lose at least one pound this week, but I will take anything as a success because I feel good from working out again. It really is addictive, in a good way. Endorphins rock! Lol. Weigh in is tomorrow, so we will see how it turns out. I really can't wait for my meeting, because I missed it last week. I get motivation and postive energy from going to my regular meeting. I also love all the support I get from all my friends on Twitter too, because without them, I don't think I could make it through the week- always positive vibes on the twitterfeed. Especially @bwjen, @poundsbegone, @WannaBeSkinny, @dani29, @tisfan--you guys are totally awesome! I love to read your positive words everyday! And for now, I will leave you, but I promise, I shall return!

~JustJenni~

No comments:

Post a Comment