Monday, January 11, 2010

Let's be honest

Ok, here I am. It has been 6 months since I made goal weight and I have strayed....not too terribly far, but at my last weigh in I was 8 lbs+. Now here I am, looking at what I have done the last 6 months, only to find it was the complete opposite of what I learned to do. I quit working out, I stopped eating healthy (not that I just ate a bunch of crap, but I just wasn't making the right decisions.) Now I am here, January 11, 2010, and I am approximately 3 lbs away from goal. Which means if I keep trying as hard as I was to lose the weight, I will be there again in the next two weeks. I will keep you tuned in.

As far as social networking goes, all I can say is, I don't get on twitter very much, which I am really trying to change because I have WAY more support there than anywhere else (and I am SO thankful for.) Without support I cannot do it. I need my cheerleaders to get me there, just like anyone else. Positive energy gives positive results. I need to get out of all these apps on Facebook. They are like quicksand. You get sucked into one and all of a sudden you're on the computer all day. There's the right kind of social networking and the wrong kind. Be careful where you set your boundaries. Mine was all the crazy apps on FB. I suddenly dropped all my workouts and was on the computer from the time I got off work till the time I went to bed. And it wasn't productive. It was farming and fishing, and bejeweled and more. So I gotta tone it down. I probably won't stop all the apps, but I definitely know I am cutting back immediately.

So Here I Am. Trying to do better at everything but not doing the right behaviors to get the right results. I am determined to be better at everything, and I will continue to press towards success. With work, with life, with weight loss. And I will get there. I will take on these habits toward success and make it a lifestyle change. Not temporarily. Always. So I can be the best I can be, and have a family and instilling the right way to treat your mind, body, and soul to my family. To be happy. To love me and all others around me. To be successful and know that I made the right choice. Starting today. This is my New Year's Resolution 2010.

2 comments:

  1. Well, you're making a change and getting back to what you know. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amen sister! i was sucked into those stupid stupid apps too - i had to just quit them all. but, i will say that i have a certain love/hate relationship with a solitaire game on my phone i keep downloading and deleting...;-)

    and twitter is amazing if used the right way! :-)

    i'm here for ya! :-D

    ReplyDelete